Tuesday, July 31, 2012
Posted by Neal Wiser at 10:53 PM
We are proud to announce that ProtoSphere®2.1, which we unveiled at Microsoft’s 2012Worldwide Partner Conference in Toronto, is now available for download. Version 2.1 is more than just a step up from Version 2.0 which was released back in January; it’s a significant upgrade featuring even more support for Microsoft’s Office suite (among other enhancements). “While the version number might suggest merely an incremental change, this new version includes a lot of new features that our enterprise customers have been asking for,” said Ron Burns, our CEO.
Some of those new features include:
· Ability to book virtual rooms for meetings and events directly from a user’s Outlook calendar.
· Updated SharePoint integration to support site-federated authentication.
· Office 365 authentication and interoperation.
· Scripting capabilities for developers to create custom interactions (such as adding URLs to objects).
· Enhanced security for Moderator controls.
· Backwards compatibility with the previous versions.
Needless to say, we’re very excited about Version 2.1. The enhancements and system improvements are going to go a long way to helping users to get even more out of ProtoSphere®. It’s also going to be a big step towards even deeper penetration into the enterprise.
“I couldn’t be more proud of how ProtoSphere is growing,” Ron recently told the ProtonMedia team. “The pace at which we’re expanding into the enterprise and signing new partners, such as our recent agreement with Polycom, are testament to your dedication and creativity. It’s all really very exciting.”