11 tips for successful virtual training on Hypergrid Business. It was great to see that much of her advice falls in line with the recommendations we give our customers (which I let her know in the comments on the article).
After reading Robin's tips, I thought of some of the resources we supply our customers with when they start using ProtoSphere for virtual training and other activities.
One set of recommendations came to mind as particularly useful for those conducting virtual training events. I thought I'd share it here to keep the knowledge flowing.
These tips address one of the most fundamental areas for creating a successful virtual training event: how to be a good presenter. Good public speaking skills are just as important in a virtual environment as they are in the real world. Nothing can hide a genuinely bad presenter! So here are some of our tips for how to be an engaging presenter in a virtual environment.
- Keep your energy level high.
- Address individuals by name.
- Interact with your attendees and keep them involved. Ask them to participate if possible.
- Allow time for introductions.
- Spend the first 15 minutes of your meeting conveying the most important concepts and ideas.
- Keep the number of slides to a minimum.
- If slides are necessary, use less text and more visuals.
- Don't multi-task.