That's when I'll be joining David Werboff, Director, eLearning solutions at Informa Training Partners, to present the Instructional Design Strategies in a Virtual World workshop. David has expertise in a broad range of development technologies, media, and delivery platforms, along with extensive experience in instructional design and quality-centered development processes.
The workshop will show life sciences trainers how they can use virtual immersive environments to hold instructor-led training sessions.
Benefits of this approach will also be brought to the fore, including cost and travel reductions, productivity increases, and improved knowledge sharing and knowledge retention. We'll analyze this approach in contrast to PowerPoint-based lecture and passive, non-interactive, push-down of content to learners online.
If you attend the workshop, you'll also be able to
- Experience a virtual immersive environment with learner-controlled avatars, powered by ProtoSphere
- Explore the features and capabilities of a virtual learning center
- Learn how to successfully implement a number of different traditional classroom-based learning activities in a virtual learning center
- Determine if a virtual immersive environment for training is right for your organization
- Understand what factors to consider when evaluating a virtual immersive environment for training
- Walk away with best practices for designing training initiatives within virtual environments